We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
An easy to make chicken pasta dish, which also incorporates a lot of colourful veg. Vermicelli is called for here, but really - any pasta shape will work well.
89 people made this
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400g) tin chopped Italian-style tomatoes
- 500g vermicelli pasta
- 30g butter
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets - cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook red, yellow and green peppers in 2 tablespoons olive oil with garlic until just tender. Stir in both tins of tomatoes, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons oil and 30g butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add chicken and cook until juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the prepared pepper / tomato mixture, along with the dried herbs, garlic granules and grated Parmesan cheese; stir to combine. Toss with cooked vermicelli and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(93)
Reviews in English (68)
I used twice the tomatoes (and garlic!) and added an 8 oz can of tomato sauce. I also threw in some onions and mushrooms with the bell peppers. I had some fresh thyme and oregano which I cooked with the sauce and then put the rest of the spices (dried) to cook with the chicken so it would have more flavor. There was so much sauce, which is good because it is delicious. I served this with fresh garlic & parsley linguine noodles. I also left out the butter & cheese to reduce calories and I swear it wasn't missing a thing. Oh and I cooked the chicken at the same time as the sauce (in a separate pan) to save time. I have some cleaning to do but it was worth it.-09 Jan 2008
Great recipe! I made a few ingredient changes based on what I had on hand at the time, and I added the basil, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder both to the tomato mixture while it was cooking and to the chicken pieces before cooking them. It turned out well seasoned and quite tasty! Thanks for the recipe!-09 May 2006
This recipe is the best I've tried so far from this site. Everything blended well and I love the fact that the sauce was light enough for me and my husband. You don't have to stress about the ingredients. Most of them are stuff that you already have in your kitchen cabinet. I didn't have yellow peppers and it still came out great. I might add that if you need some more sauce, consider adding another can of tomatoes. Also , consider seasoning the chicken breast well enough to make it more flavorful.Otherwise,I love this recipe and it's a keeper.-22 Mar 2007