Chicken legs, potatoes, and briny Kalamata olives star in this easy one-pan dish.
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes; plus more for serving (optional)
- 1½ pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken legs (thigh and drumstick; about 3 lb.)
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 450°. Pulse bay leaf, fennel seeds, and ½ tsp. red pepper flakes in spice mill until finely ground.
Toss potatoes, olives, 2 Tbsp. oil, and half of spice mixture in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and rub with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper and rub with remaining spice mixture.
Arrange potato mixture around chicken. Roast until potatoes are fork-tender, chicken is cooked through, and skin is crisp, 35–45 minutes. Serve chicken and potato mixture topped with parsley, lemon zest, and more red pepper flakes, if desired; spoon pan juices around.